“Spitting In The Face Of The Devil is a truly AMAZING one-man show. I was bowled over by the way Bob Brader is able to blend a dark, agonizing family history with laugh-out-loud comedy. Bob Brader is the next Spalding Gray; I kid you not!”
- Michelle Stevens, PhD, Founder and Executive Director of Post-Traumatic Success, Author of Scared Selfless
★★★★★“Brader is a brilliant storyteller/performer. Oh the pictures he paints with his words. His energy, brutal honesty, voice(s) – all astound. Eighty minutes of brilliance!”
- Donald D'Haene, Donald’s Dish, London
★★★★★“A must see performance that will make you laugh, cry and just feel good!”
- Joe Belanger, London Free Press
- Carolin Vesely, Winnipeg Free Press
★★★★/4“Down to earth masterful storytelling!”
- Mark Killeen, The Beat Arts in London (4/4 stars)
★★★★★“Brader keeps the audience mesmerized with his dark comic relief!”
- Emily Wessel, UPTOWN Magazine, Winnipeg
“It is a harrowing story. The story is beautifully written, a clear concise narrative...Mr. Brader's delivery is superb!”
- William S. Oser, Talkin’ Broadway
“Bob Brader keeps the audience at their knees with an engaging knack for storytelling adorned with smart humor and a shattering kind of sadness that will linger in the mind.”
- Naneh Israelyan, OffOffBway.com
"A masterful childhood memoir that can take a hairpin turn from joyful to chilling without missing a beat!"
- Stephen Cooke, The Chronicle-Herald, Halifax, Nova Scotia
“It knocked me right out of my seat...a solo show by the energy ball known as Bob Brader...a polished, expertly written piece of theatre...absolutely enthralling, it’s Brader’s performance that makes this show so brilliant. The show is a triumph. And I never say shit like that.”
- Jason Schreurs, Culture Vulture Victoria
“Brader’s confident, candid storytelling manner and his vivid, earnest writing keep us compelled throughout...a gripping, elegantly conceived event."
- Martin Denton, NYTheatre.com
"In Brader's talented, sensitive, caring hands Spitting In The Face Of The Devil is as compelling and engrossing as it is devastating and unforgettable....genius…I cannot recommend this show too highly.”
- Louis Hobson, XL 103FM and the Calgary Sun
"Brader is a wonderful storyteller!"
- Kate Watson, The Coast
"Brader's high energy performance and gripping story will wow you. A Tour de Force performance. SEE IT!"